Saturday, July 16, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Film Review




Trailer:



Overview:

I really enjoyed this film. It was plenty exciting, didn't cram in too much like the last few films, and I felt had most of the important parts and very few of the annoying parts of the book. Plus, Neville rocked! I couldn't ask for much more than that in the film There were a few inconsistencies that rankled me a little but overall I'd recommend it.

Spoilers:

Okay, I'm sorry, I have very little sympathy for those that haven't read the books so I'm just gonna plunge right in. I liked that they did not include the scene from the book where Harry inflicts the Cruciatus curse on one of the Carrows just because they spit on McGonagall. But I wish they hadn't then gone and just thrown all the Slytherins in the dungeon. It rather negates the message at the end where Harry claims it doesn't matter what house his son's in.

The non-verbal magic in all the films bugs me, but somehow I'm not too heartbroken that Voldemort wasn't killed with Expelliarmus.


No comments: