Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cherie Cooks!



I don't cook very much and so I'm ridiculously proud of myself when I do. Part of my aversion to cooking comes from my aversion to learning recipes, spending a lot of time on them, and then finding out that I don't like them. So I tend to stick to a small amount of recipes I know I like but I'd gotten rather tired of those. I wanted something vaguely mexican but not the fajitas that I'd normally make. So this is chicken cooked in lemon and lime juice (mostly lime) with some black pepper (wasn't in the mood for any other kind). I didn't put any salt on it at all and it tasted great in my opinion. The sour cream and green onions made it mexican enough for me. Then I just had sides of wild rice and pinto beans.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! I had to clean out my fridge because of a massive power outage, so this would be a great time for me to work on some new meals. It's probably not going to happen, but it's nice to think it. Hope your classes and work are going well!

Cherie said...

Thanks! It was indeed tasty and pretty easy to make. The only other ingredient I used that I forgot to mention was olive oil.

And, yeah, Becky told me about the power outage. So I guess it affected you too, huh? How long was your power out for?

Classes and work are all right. Definitely less grueling than the summer. How about you?

Sarah Renee said...

That food looks yummy! And now I am hungry...

Cherie said...

Well, if you were here, I'd make you some. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks good Cherie. You'll have to tell me exactly what you did when you made it. I really would like to make it.

Love Mom

Mag said...

Hey Cherie, another super easy thing you can make is quiche. Just put some vegetables in a pyrex bowl (I used spinach and chopped mushrooms and onions). Add cheese and eggs. Bake for 45 minutes - 1hour. You've got a great meal there.