Sunday, May 27, 2007

Give Me a Sign!

If it seems like there's more posts on the first page, it's because there are. I'm going to try posting everyday. Or at least more frequently than before. But the downside to this was that my posts would disappear more quickly and once they're archived I always feel like they're less likely to be read. But if having more posts on the page messes with your internet connection, let me know. I like to respond to my lovely audience. Also please comment from time to time if you are reading. It's good to know someone's there.

That said. I've been thinking of birthdays recently. Around May 21-25 I usually have a panic attack that I've missed someone's birthday. This is curious since I don't actually know anyone with a birthday on these days and cannot remember ever having known anyone with such a birthday. I did forget my little brother's birthday this year which makes me feel like a horrible sister, but otherwise I've yet to forget another. My friend Punya's is May 30th. My mother's is a couple days after on June 1st. Tim's is June 25th. and my own (which I've yet to forget) is July 20th. Sorry if that list was boring to read, it's mostly to help me remember.

Useless Knowledge of the Week!


Here's a picture of a samurai crab. Look at its back; the markings look like the face of a samurai. The Japanese believed these crabs were reincarnations of ancient warriors, and biologists have speculated that the markings were genetically encouraged because people would refuse to eat the crabs that looked like samurai. However, the crab itself is rather small and not much of a meal, so the face might not have anything to do with that.

All my amazing knowledge comes from the book my sister's reading entitled:
The Ancestor's Tale and Wikipedia.

No comments: