Monday, June 11, 2007

Still In My Pajamas


But that's the point of summer, is it not? To loll about in one's pajamas. If anything I mean to be especially lazy this summer since I doubt I'll get another chance at it for a long, long time. If ever. So I mean to enjoy it while I can.

I haven't been completely idle, though. My novel writing is still going as well as it was when I wrote my "Writer's Epiphany" entry. At least, it's going consistently. I've hit a bit of a rough patch, but since I've been writing an average of at least 500 words every day, I have far more hope of digging myself out of the difficult bit relatively quickly.

My blog writing, as anyone can see, is not so consistent. It occured to me that, in my entry about writing, I assumed everyone knew I was writing a novel and that I was referring to writing 500 words in that every day and not this blog. But if there was any confusion I'll state that now.

I admire my friend Boris's consistency in his blog, but fear I am not up to the same. Even when I used to keep a diary, I didn't write in it everyday. Writers are told that it is a good exercise to write everyday in a journal, but I cannot help but feel it is more important to write everyday in my novel. Plus, I am not inclined to go on the internet everyday during break, so that makes blogging more difficult as well.

Anyway, possibly one of the most difficult parts of spending my vacation in sunny California (I am to be greatly pitied indeed) is that I have no friends here. So if you're reading this, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: