Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Thirteenth Most Haunted Place on Earth

This would probably be a better post for Halloween, but it's best for me to do things when I'm thinking about them.

I've always been interested in ghosts even though I don't believe in them, so I was always just a little jealous that my sister went to Ohio University listed as one of the most haunted places on earth.

My sister does not believe in ghosts either, and she never saw one. She didn't live in a haunted dorm, though. However, all the dorms have a sound like dropping marbles which is supposedly the drip, drip, drip of blood. My sister did hear this, but suspected it was the pipes. I also heard strange noises in my own dorm at Denison University and my roommate immediately suspected small animals in the pipes. Come on, people, where's the fun in being sensible about these things? Denison ghosts are lame, by the way. Actually, I never heard any good ones of the college itself. There's an Inn in Granville that they say is haunted by a cat. Yes. A cat. Oooo...

Anyway, above is a picture of the Ridges, which doesn't look very scary with the "Weaving is Life" sign, but it used to be an old insane asylum. I went around the entire building and saw bars still on some of the windows. I don't know why I don't have any cooler pictures. But this was back when I first got my digital camera, so I didn't have a memory card yet. Probably ran out of space.

Here's also a couple of videos I found on YouTube about the OU ghosts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWgYLyfXXMI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SxTjmpSnl0

No comments: