Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Trickster's Choice

I'm listening to Trickster's Choice on audio right now which is the follow up to to the Song of the Lioness series. I've only just finished the first CD but so far I like Alianne much more than Alanna and George is awesome as ever.

Below is a spoiler of a part that made me laugh out loud. I'm writing it now rather than wait to finish the book because my memory isn't what it used to be and it was never that good to begin with:


(spoiler in black so it doesn't pop out as much)

Alianne gets captured by pirates and she's going to be sold as a slave. Rather than become an unwilling sex slave, she half starves herself and allows others to beat her so she won't look appealing. Once at the slave market her efforts pay off. NO ONE bids on her! She can't help but be just a bit insulted. They end up giving her away for free in a buy one slave get one free deal!

No comments: