Friday, May 28, 2010

Holding On

Organizing my room has shown me just what a pack rat I am. Some stuff I still can't let go of even though I know I'll never use it or look at it again. Instructions for instance. I'm sure I must have the instructions for things I don't even own anymore, but I keep them because A.) Part of me still believes I might need them. B.) I'm too lazy to go through them and decide which ones I might need if I ever read instructions.

But my triumphs are the things that I was finally able to get rid of. There were some novels I had to read in undergrad that were absolutely terrible and to compound their terribleness, I've been lugging them around this whole time. Why? Because I'm a pack rat. I shall give them to Good Will in hopes to make someone with bad taste in literature very happy.

I did find one of my old roommate agreements from undergrad, though, and recall why I cling to some things. Its promise to have only quiet orgies and not to let guests leave until they're satisfied still makes me smile.

No comments: