Sunday, September 30, 2007

Looks Like I Can't Do it All...

My writing yield for the month is (drum-roll please) 7082 words.

Sigh...I know, compared to the other months that's pretty pathetic. As is painfully apparent by this number, I was not able to write 500 words every day while being a grad student and holding down a part-time job. My life is clearly busier, but this still makes me frustrated. I feel like if I was hard-core enough, I could do it.

But I suspect that somewhere at my core, in the place of an iron-will, I have a slightly melty cream filling.

Friend of the Week: Sarah! :)

5 comments:

Sarah Renee said...

Nah, hon, there are just only so many hours in a day. Don't beat yourself up. You're Cherie, and in the end, you're unstoppable. ;)

Cherie said...

Thanks, Sarah. I just feel like, if I'm not working all day, I should be able to do it. Of course, sometimes I am working pretty much all day... But the hard part is being keenly aware of how much time I waste. It seems like I could be more efficient.

Anonymous said...

You wrote more than I last month....

Well, unless you count lines of code, maybe....

Cherie said...

Yes, but you're also married. I can't imagine balancing a relationship and grad school.

Brian said...

Hi, Cherie! Long time no post! How is everything going? I hope grad school isn't driving you too crazy!