Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pandora's Prince



Interesting Book Fact: While going through the collection of Large Print books I maintain I saw the hardcover large print version of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and it is both smaller and lighter than the normal print version. Wrap your brain around that.

And now that your brain has exploded I'll say that the book appears to have no margins.

And Pandora...?

I am admittedly suspicious of new things. It took me a long time to start using those new fangled mechanical pencils. So when Tim suggested that I listen to an online radio called Pandora that adjusts to your musical tastes it sounded like too much work. But YouTube, where I keep my music playlist, went down for the upteenth time last night and I didn't want to listen to the classical music radio I normally do so I gave Pandora a shot. And it is awesome. I recommend it to everyone else. The only thing that bothered me and I wasn't sure if it was even supposed to happen was that some of the songs would stop abruptly in the middle and it would switch to the next one. But that wasn't too often and there are no commercials which is a definite plus. I thought it would be too much trouble to put in my info but if you're as lazy as me, you can pretty much just write in one artist or song you like and it plays a whole bunch of different songs like that without you doing anything. If you wanted you could click a little button to say whether you liked the song or not and that tailors them even closer to your taste but you don't have to do that.


So yeah, the title of this blog post is cooller than the actual post but still vaguely related as you see...

3 comments:

Tim said...

I've found that there are times when the music fades, another song starts, the second song ends sharply and a third begins.

I figured out why--the actual CDs must have one fade in as the other fades out (so the dance party doesn't have a quiet moment), and they've just been taken from the CD.

Cherie said...

No, not just fades. It cuts off abruptly in the middle of the song. I even wrote to the Pandora tech support about it and they said they were aware of the problem but hadn't figured out how to fix it.

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to trying Pandora, and I love it. Thanks for the reccomendation, Cherie (and by extension, Tim)!