Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Chocolate and Hobbits


Yesterday I had a horrible chocolate craving and at first thought myself to be completely without chocolate. Luckily I remembered that I'd brought a chocolate pudding cup with me that I hadn't eaten on the plane, but I had to turn all my bags inside out twice to find it and had paranoid fears of little brothers with their faces smeared with chocolate pudding. It's a scary thing when I go on a chocolate rampage. Once I had devored the pudding cup my craving was momentarily sated and I was once again sane. But since that was the only chocolate in the house I decided to go out today and get some more, so I would not soon find myself in a similar position. I'm staying with my dad in good old Oceanside California right now, so I don't really need any other kind of food because my step-mother cooks all three meals (which is more than I do for myself at home). True, I'm never up for breakfast, but there's plenty of fruit around, and if I was really on a protien kick, I could cook myself an egg. But it's generally easier to wait for lunch since I wake up so late.

So that's the Cherie news for now and I suppose the fact that I get crazy chocolate cravings is a fact as well but I'll share another one about myself. I'm not much of an explorer. I'm a bit hobbit-like in my homebody nature. It isn't that I won't go out exploring if someone else makes up all the plans or I just want to spend time with someone. But it isn't something I generally do by myself. There will be times I'll go a little stir crazy and want out of the house but I'm generally happy to stay within the confines of familiar territory and go places so long as going there is as little trouble to myself as possible. But that's why I generally like to be around people that are the opposite because I'm aware that this aspect of my personality means I miss so much of the world. Even when I traveled abroad I was not the exploration type which I realize most people would think makes me a waste as a traveler. Maybe I am. Still I will always treasure the experiences I had in different parts of the world, but even there I would get stuck in routines. Shortly before I left Taiwan, I went a few streets over from where I normally walked and it was like a whole different world. And in France I think I surprised my host mother by staying around the house so much (though I definitely made sure to see as many museums as possible and spend plenty of weekends in Paris).

I forgot to add to my book review yesterday that Only You Can Save Mankind is a children's book which is possibly the reason for less description (although, this is not the case in Pratchett's Discworld children's books).

Anyway, as a reminder, you guys still need to think up punishments for me if I don't post. Read the post below for punishment rules. If no one comes up with any punishments for me, I'll begin to think you guys don't love me...

No comments: