Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Another Decision Made for Me

Today I was going to test my new digital camera against my old one which had been miraculously working fine ever since I handed it over to my little brothers. But upon stepping outside with it and attempting to turn it on the "High Camera Temperature of Death" screen reappeared confirming my belief in the camera's evil nature and thus deciding me on the spot that no matter how much I liked it, it is definitely broken and I will be sticking with my new camera. I won't say that I always love it when decisions are made for me, since that's not true. But I like small unimportant decisions to be made by default, because if I make them, then I constantly wonder if I made the right decision. For this reason, I like my laptop, even though it's slow and has less memory than all the newer computers, because I didn't pick it out. It's simply there. I am happy in the idea that this new camera will become a similar fixture in my life. I'll be able to take it with the good and bad when there isn't a better decision to be made by me. Certainly there are better models out there, but I didn't buy the camera, so it's not my fault that I don't have a better one, much like it's not my fault that I'm not taller or a different race. Perhaps some will think this way of thinking odd or silly but it's just the way I am.

Here are some pics showing the last problem I've been having with my new camera that I was working on today. These are some magenta flowers in front of my day's house. Neither of these pictures quite captures the color accurately, but the bottom one (after some tinkering with the exposure) at least doesn't look as violently pink as the top.



No comments: