Saturday, January 06, 2007

It Can Take Good Pictures!

I've been agonizing over whether my new digital camera is worth keeping for weeks, but today it certainly showed its potential. Here are some amazing close ups that I got and I know my old camera wasn't great at close-ups since the focus was automatic. I learned that zooming into a small object is sometimes (although not always) better than physically getting closer and I have a much better appreciation for my camera's zoom in general. My sister had recomended that I try it more often before, but I was dubious since the zoom on my old camera was admittedly horrendous and on the screen of my new camera the zoomed in objects look blurry. This is misleading, however, since once I took the picture, it was crystal clear. Now, while this means the screen's not the best or most accurate, it's still no worse than the last one and as long as the picture's good it's not too big of a deal.




Yup, that's an ant inside that flower to show how small it is.



Hello, Mr. Bumblebee!







I'd been having trouble with my camera picking up certain colors and began to wonder if it was colorblind but it picked up these flowers beautifully. It still has a little trouble with the flowers in front of my dad's house, though, but I'll keep messing with the settings to see what I can do.

* * *

My friend of the week is: Becky!!! How did Becky earn such a high honor you ask? She was the first to comment in my blog for 2007. But if you're lamenting this lost chance, fear not, I shall feature a friend (or friends of the week) from now on of anyone who comments in my blog. Furthermore, if you do comment, I recommend checking the comments afterward because I frequently (although I confess not always) respond.



I'll also give a shout-out to my Mom who shall be Mom of the Week (and all subsequent weeks to follow) since she did comment before Becky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely puzzle!

Cherie said...

It is indeed. :)