Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Where Do They Keep It?

Okay, so I'm planning to go in Starfleet uniform for Halloween but assembling my costume (I never buy costumes, always hodgepodge them together) got me thinking.

Where do Starfleet officers keep their stuff like phasers and tricorders?

You'd think they'd have a utility belt but check out the pic below. She has a PURSE! Okay, okay, not exactly a purse but a fashionable leather strap to hold on her scifi gadget rather than a much-better-in-a-fight utility belt. Of course, it'd be rather embarrassing to fight in a skirt that short anyway...



As for 2009 Uhura, she doesn't even get a purse. Does she keep it in her bra?



Nope, clearly not.

At first, I thought just this problem might only be a girl thing. Surely the men had manly utility belts. But then I remembered the sleek catsuits worn by the entire crew of the Next Generation:



These not only beg the question of where do they keep things, but also how do they do they go to the bathroom?

Don't get me wrong, I love Star Trek, but I think these are some important issues Starfleet needs to address.

1 comment:

Deja said...

In TNG only (Diane?) the psychic interpreter has a full leotard. The rest of the crew have black pants and colored shirts, so the bathroom wouldn't be an issue. I also assumed they had pockets, but I don't know how much they would be able to carry in those either.
Weren't there straps for weapons so you could strap them to your leg? I remember phasers being carried that way but I might be confusing that with Star Wars.