Saturday, July 31, 2010

Reading...

Currently I'm reading and enjoying a YA fantasy called The Goblin Wood by Hilari Bell which I've had for a while after getting it for free from the UM library which was getting rid of a mint condition copy. I was reminded of it recently when I picked up a galley for the yet unpublished sequel at the ALA conference. But I probably still might not be reading it now if not for my sister devouring both the first and second book and firmly recommending them. I've never been much for goblins but my sister was very right that the characters in this book are very well-written.

On the other end of the spectrum I decided to read the blog of Belle de Jour because I've long had in interest in Showtime's series Secret Diary of a Call Girl, but I have yet to be able to watch it with the exception of a few episodes online. The blog is fun though and one of these days I plan to rent the show, but I'll have to go to Blockbuster or something similar because I don't watch enough movies to justify the monthly charge of Netflix.

No comments: