Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Diary Tuesday
Usefulness

I missed being useful! I mean, I guess it is useful to my brothers to have someone to play against in Age of Empires (Which I won three times over the visit! How much did I play? Er...). And it was good to have bonding time with my brothers. Even if one almost never speaks and the other spent half the time in his woodshop creating a repeating crossbow. It is useful to be a good sister, but it's a different kind of usefulness. I almost never have time to be bored, even now, but I did over break, which speaks of just how cut off I was from everything but family. So today it felt really good when I volunteered at the library this Tuesday, as I do every Tuesday. I'm normally a shelf reader but today not enough people were in, so I got to shelve. I miss shelving, but want to see how my schedule goes this before I commit to another volunteer day.

I also get so much more done when I have a lot of stuff to do. It helps me manage my time better. I guess it helps create a framework out of chaos. I can't put off tasks for mindless activities if I can't do them at any time.

No comments: