Saturday, January 29, 2011

Links Saturday
Lonely Natalie

Most my friends know I love Natalie Tran's CommunityChannel on YouTube. If you haven't seen it, she's this hilarious Australian-Asian chick.* Because there's going to be a huge difference between But recently she started making travel videos for Lonely Planet that I've been enjoying as well. Recently she visited Miami! OMG, she's in the US! If only she weren't on the East Coast...

* On a side note, I suppose most people would think it should be Asian-Australian, but I think it really ought to go in the order of the place you've spent most your life. There's a big difference, for instance, between an Asian person born and raised in America (like myself) to one who's just moved there. I don't think this means anyone's rights should be curtailed, just acknowledged that people's situations make them different. Keeping that in mind, Natalie is definitely Australian-Asian as she grew up in Australia and acquired Australian mannerisms and accents which now come more naturally to her than would her Asian heritage.

No comments: