Monday, May 02, 2011

In Cherie News...

Who cares that Osama Bin Laden was killed or that At&t has started capping its Internet services. I know you all care more about what's going on in my life, right? Okay, I admit I kinda care about the At&t thing because that's the provider my family uses. I wish I could care more about the Bin Laden thing, but I'm too practical to think it fixes much of anything or that someone couldn't try to take over for him. I don't really have a problem with other people celebrating homicidal crazy dude's death, but I just can't get excited about it myself. It doesn't take back 10 years of war, it won't magically fix all the problems in Afghanistan or the Middle East, and it doesn't change the fact that there are still plenty of scary people who hate us.

Anyway, enough of depressing news and onto what really matters. Me.

So I forgot to say in my last (possibly overly introspective and moody post) that I got a part-time shelving job at the library where I volunteer. It's not much, but better than nothing while I look for a real library job, and all the staff are really supportive of my job search, which is the best thing I could ask for in a part-time position. Okay, I could maybe ask for more money, but support is nice.

I applied to several open positions in the local area and I'm still waiting to hear back on two youth positions and two library associate positions.

Also, on April 30th, I sent a query for my novel to the Donald Maass, Literary Agency, specifically Jennifer Jackson who handles fantasy novels.

No comments: