Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides
Film Review

Trailer:



Overview:

For a movie with 4 in the title, it was actually pretty good, which isn't to say ground-shaking, but it was a lot better than I expected. Although, one should keep in mind I've never been a huge fan of the franchise. I don't hate the movies but they're nowhere on a list of my favorites. Mostly I only watch them to see Johnny Depp dance around in a pirate outfit and see special effects. This movie delivers very well on those two, so I had nothing to complain of. The story was good in that it was easy to follow, made sense with the characters, and allowed Johnny Depp to dance around in a pirate costume. To be honest, I liked the story better than a few of the others in the series because I felt like they weren't trying to do too much or be too weird or abstract. On a random note, I was a bit surprised that Amanda Seyfried agreed to such a bit role in the movie.

7 / 10 stars * * * * * * * A good enough distraction.

No comments: