Monday, May 09, 2011

Last Week In Cherie News



My novel got rejected by Jennifer Jackson at the Donald Maass Literary Agency, but I will have an interview for one of the library positions I applied for, so that's good. I'm used to rejections from literary agencies; I pretty much expect them. But sometimes I wonder if it says something that I get them so quickly... A lot of people complain about having to wait too long but they seem to decide quite quickly they don't want me. Oh well. I know my books at a marketing disadvantage, so it's not exactly a surprise.

I also saw Thor with my sister on Friday and enjoyed. I liked that Loki was a complex character and, even though I'm pretty sure it's not what the writer's intended, I can imagine that everything was all part of Loki's plan. Loki also looks good in a suit. Thor was exactly the sort of stupid jock character I expected and the romance just never sparked, there was no chemistry between the actors, but even if there had been, not enough scenes were written in to make me believe they were in love. Thor's friends also seemed a bit flat as characters. But overall I enjoyed the story (since they had a fair amount of Loki) and Heimdall was a great character as well even tough he didn't have a lot of lines, the scenes and lines he did have did a good job of establishing his character.

No comments: