Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Best of 2010

Nothing horrible happened to me this year, which considering 2009, is something to celebrate all its own. But some very good things happened to me as well.

Best Personal News of the Year
  • I met Neil Gaiman!
  • I sent out my novel and got rejections and am looking forward to many more rejections in the new year.
  • I went to my first American Library Association Conference and got to see my awesome friend Sarah and visit Washington DC for the first time too.
  • I got my driver's license!
  • I finally feel like I have a good group of friends in the California area. However, unlike the the song Auld Lang Syne, my old acquaintance have not been forgot. I still love you guys.
  • Over 300 blog posts! Gotta admit, that's pretty good.
Best Books
  • Best Teen Book: Will Grayson, Will Grayson. I think this was easily John Green's best book with both humor and meaning--teaching us the importance of friendship.



  • Best Young Adult Fantasy Books: I was sure I reviewed I Shall Wear Midnight but cannot seem to find the review anywhere! My favorite Tiffany book is still Wee Free Men, but this is still Pratchett, and thus, still wonderful and Tiffany really becomes a woman and a witch in this book.


  • The Goblin Gate is another fabulous book I didn't review. I think what happened is I got these both as advanced readers copies at the ALA Conference and didn't feel right reviewing them until they actually came out and other peoople had a chance to read them. But in doing this, I forgot to review them completely! However, I do remember this is a fun, fast paced book with interesting ethical questions about survival. I eagerly await the sequel, The Goblin War.
  • The Lost Hero was easily the best Rick Riordan book I've read so far, and that's saying a lot because I really loved his other books. I did review this one. Just click title for the link.








Best Movies


I reviewed both the following movies. Click the titles for the links.

Tangled







Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I







I hope your year was full of great things as well and that 2011 is even greater!

No comments: