Thursday, August 23, 2007

Expulsion From Paradise



It's funny how appealing a floor full of legos, box forts, and demons (otherwise know as little brothers and their little friends) seems when you compare it to horrifying uncertainty for the next two years. I went out on the town in Oceanside today for what will be the last time in a long time, and when I was walking from the bus stop back to my dad's house, I was suddenly keenly aware just how beautiful California is all year round. It makes me really question just how attached I am to the Midwest: which is not very much now that all my family lives in California. But the fact that I was ever dubious about living in California instead of the Midwest, shows you just how important my family is to me (and maybe how opposed I am to change since none of them have lived in the Midwest for the past two years). Anyway, I hope to be close to them again once grad school is done.

Tear-jerking thoughts aside, I wanted to say that this is actually an old picture of my dad's front garden. I have not taken any pictures outside since I got here. Mostly because the few times I did go for walks, I'd forget my camera. Today I really regretted this when I saw a truly awesome tiny black and yellow bird flitting around the flowers by the sidewalk. I know Chrissy would have thought it was awesome too. But I did not have my camera. Sorry Chrissy.

Well, I don't know when I'll be able to blog again. I'll be traveling for basically a full two days. (Guess what novel recently made into a movie that I'll be reading on the plane...) After that I'll almost certainly have trouble setting up my internet. Then I'll probably be really busy with school. So it may be a while until I blog again, but I'll try to let all you loyal readers know when that is. It would also be really helpful if those loyal readers would leave comments here so I know exactly who they are. Otherwise, I'll just inform people who should be reading.

All that said, here's to the next two years.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Good Luck in Michigan, Cherie! Uncertainty can be terrifying, but it can also be sort of exciting, no? I'm sure you will be just fine. Let me know when you start blogging again, and stay in touch!

Sarah Renee said...

Heya, Cherie! If you ever have any problems in Michigan, just let me know and I'll see if can't help you out--it is my home state after all. Best of luck in grad school!