Monday, August 13, 2007

Post and Punishment

I have promised my sister that I will post everyday at least until the end of my vacation (I can’t promise anything once school starts). If I do not, I must read at least a chapter from a fanfiction she has been pestering me to read. You may all think this is pretty lame as a punishment, but I do not like fanfiction. I have read and even written fanfiction, but I eventually signed it off as a waste of time which I could better use to write in my novel. I will not say that those that write fanfiction are not talented. It actually bothers me more if they are. If someone is talented enough, I just think it’s a shame they’re not coming up with original novels. I wouldn’t even begrudge them the fanfiction if they were publishing novels as well. But I’ve never met one who does. A few novelists might have started out writing fanfiction, but I don’t know any still doing it. Why? Because real writing takes up too much time. My sister doesn’t see it this way, though, and I think this may be something we disagree on for a long, long time.

Still, to be fair, anything has got to be better than the book pictured in this post. *Shudders*

On a completely unrelated note, Sarah is once again friend of the week! You can now read her thoughts on my Order of the Phoenix film review.

Here's a link to just my Stardust Review.

Just in case you came to read that and can't find it. Or you could just scroll down. I'm going to feature this movie for a while either until a friend goes to see it because of me or until I lose all hope of the world being good and just.

No comments: