Thursday, March 04, 2010

Query Letters!

Yesterday (or rather early this morning today) I sent out my first three query letters to agents! I was going to wait until I could send them all out at once, but I kept putting that off because compiling them all at once was intimidating me, and I figured I could at least get the easy ones out of the way first and gradually focus on the harder ones. None of them are really all that hard. I just have a procrastination problem. But I hope to send out three more today and hopefully soon the rejections will be rolling in!

When I tell people how excited I am about getting rejections they either don't believe me or don't understand my enthusiasm. But rejections mean I'm making progress. They mean I actually did something rather than sitting there and talking about it. So I'm always proud to receive them. Of course, I would like to be accepted someday. But even if I never am, I want to be able to say I did everything I could. I don't want to ever wonder "what if?". So, for me, a pile of rejections is the next best thing to acceptance.

No comments: