Sunday, August 22, 2010

Booklist

Not the reviewers. A while ago I found my old journal and saw that I used to read an average about 30-34 novels in a year. I wouldn't count books I only read partially and sometimes wouldn't count books I'd been forced to read for school (because the two were often one in the same), unless I really liked them. One year was roughly double that because I started reading graphic novels which are quicker reads. But for a while I stopped keeping track and the lists reminded me how much I missed that. It's nice having a comprehensive list of what I've read. It's not that I generally forget, but I do often forget just how much I read. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. So I've started doing it again. I started with every book I could remember reading this year which is a total of 10 so far. But it's higly possible I'm forgetting some. And before anyone suggests the many websites that track this things, I would like to say I simply prefer journaling them at this point.

No comments: