Monday, August 30, 2010

Poker Face

Back from my weekend and had an excellent time. My sister and I met our friend Thomas downtown at a Smash Brother video game tournament at the library where we met some friends of Thomas and they invited us over for board games. The only not so fun part was we got stuck in a parking garage when the only exit broke and no attendant was available to help, but at least half of the people stuck were the friends we had met so there was only one unpleasant person who didn't understand the concept of a broken exit. We played Clue (which I won from almost sheer luck--Mrs. White in the Conservatory with the Knife!) and a game called Alhambra (which I lost spectacularly). Thomas also taught me to play poker which took a lot longer than I expected but was fun to learn. I started off quite well but had lost everything by the end. Good thing we were playing with poker chips and not real money!

No comments: