Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wildcard Wednesday: Beautiful People
Jennifer Ethle



This may seem like blasphemy to some of my dearest friends, but the last time I watched Pride and Prejudice, I found myself admiring Jennifer Ethle at least as much as Colin Firth (though the wet shirt scene is still all about Colin). I didn't hate the 2005 version. It thought the actors did all right, and even though I prefer Firth, the new Darcy wasn't so bad. I even came to respect Keira's performance. But no one can ever replace Ethle as the perfect Elizabeth Bennet. The only problem she ever had was it was impossible to believe she was the just the second prettiest sister.

Not a lot of the still photographs capture Ethle's beauty quite as well as film. This one is good for showing off her amazingly symmetrical face, and lively dark eyes that always seem to hide a bit of mischief. But I wish I could have found one that also showed her smokin' period bosom. Although, it's probably better for the admirers of good bosoms to see it heaving. Perhaps there's something about seeing her vivacity and sparkling eyes in action that just can't be captured in most the static photos they had her pose for.

No comments: