Sunday, November 07, 2010

Photo Sunday
Lettres d'une Péruvienne



This is a picture I drew years ago for a college project as a model book cover for Lettres d'une Péruvienne. I take pictures of all the pictures I draw and have to give up. So if you have a greeting card from me there's a chance I still have an archive of it too. Although, I didn't take pictures of them before I got a digital camera. I think our teacher was either going to keep this project or she gave them back but I didn't want to have to worry about it if she didn't. That black thing in the forest to the left is a llama. Every good picture ought to have a llama. I don't quite recall all my motivations for how I drew this, but her broken mask face is probably meant to symbolize how when she was at home her eyes were closed to any different life than living happily ever after with her prince. Whereas, in France, her eyes were opened to the world. I might have made her skin green to show she was exotic in France. Or maybe I just felt like it.

No comments: