Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Freaking OUT!!!

My friend Tim is supposed to be visiting me tonight and he's late, which is nothing new for Tim but I'm worried because I forgot to tell him that the emergency call boxes outside the dorms only work if you call the last four digits of the phone number. If he calls my full phone number he'll hear ringing but no one will pick up so he'll think I'm not here and that I callously forgot about him and his fiancee! Nothing could be farther from the truth. I've been peering out the slits in the blinds for the last few hours like some crazy paranoid girl every time I hear the sound of a car. I've run outside twice when I thought I spotted them and shouted desperately out the window once at someone who looked lost. I even taped little signs on the call boxes in my vicinity that tell how to use them but I couldn't check all the dorms and I'm not sure which call box he'll use. Assuming he even recognizes the little yellow boxes. Some of them have signs all ready but the print on them is really small, it's quite dark, and Tim's not the read-the-instructions kind of fellow. At least, not when I last knew him. Normally I'm against cell phones but it's times like these I do wish everyone had them. Or, at least, telepathic abilities.

Gurgle!

Where is he?!?!?!?!?!

Update: Now almost 2 hours late. More updates as my neurotic behavior increases. And I just want to say that I hate the GRE and their stupid writing snobs for giving me a stupid writing grade of an essay I was quite proud of.

Update 3 seconds later: That stupid security van keeps driving by and stupid people keep making noises outside and I saw a large silver van but it doesn't look like the silver bullet (Tim's name for his very stylish mini-van.) Though, I don't know if he drives that anymore.

Yaaargh!

No comments: