Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Dream Journal



When I was a lot younger I bought a beautiful dream journal that is currently still somewhere among my scattered effects. When I find it, I'll post a picture. One side was for night dreams and has the image of a little girl in a garden at night, standing in front of a hedge maze filled with strange things. If you turn the journal upsidedown, the other side is for day dreams with an image of the sun but I don't quite recall what else.

Anyway, I hardly ever used it for all its beauty. So today I'll share my dream with all of you. I have be having unsettlingly real dreams. These are dreams that it has been impossible for me to distinguish from reality upon waking. They are not scary by themselves, but I've never had dreams so normal that it would even be remotely credible to believe they really happened. For example, one dream simply had me speaking to my sister and mother in our kitchen and, upon waking, I had to ask them to confirm if it had happened or not. But last night I had a good old fashioned nightmare, and I'm actually quite happy because I know it didn't happen. I was just a monster dream. I was in a house with a monster that would roam around. Many other people were in the house, which was a mix of several different apartments I've lived in as well as a shopping mall. I hid in a bedroom that looked like my old bedroom when I was in high school except instead of the furniture I had there were many shelves covered in blankets. I presume the monster wasn't very smart because I was told that if at least 3/4ths of you was covered when the monster came, it wouldn't see you. I spent most the dream worrying my hiding space on a top shelf covered in blankets wasn't good enough but the monster never found me.

No comments: