Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day



To all the fathers starting with my own. Today I drew the above card for my father. And, yes, I know my hand writing still looks like a five year old's, especially when I write in print. Anyway, I feel an explanation of the picture is in order. I know my dad used to want to be a pilot. So that explains the plane. As for the turtle, when I was a little kid, I once asked my father some standard child question which was either "what is you favorite animal?" or "if you could be any animal, what animal would it be?" My father said it would be a turtle. I still have enough kid in me to know the important distinction between those two questions, but either way it's stuck with me for this long that my father had a penchant for turtles (or, in the very least, it was his idea of the best answer at the time). It's funny the little things we remember.

No comments: