Saturday, June 20, 2009

Horatio



I don't draw very much anymore, so it's worth noting when I do even if not everyone will get the reference. Any one of the beta-readers who've read far enough in my novel knows my character Horatio. He was devilishly tricky to draw and, as per usual, he's not exactly how I see him in my head. But there's definitely a Horatio-ish essence to his face and I wasn't satisfied until I at least got the expression right, which was one of the hardest things. I based it off the below picture of Hugh Dancy which, except for the curly hair, looks almost exactly like the Horatio I see in my head. Despite the fact that I actually envisioned Horatio as unconventionally attractive whereas Hugh most defintely fits many conventions of attractiveness. In a dreamcast film of my novel, Hugh Dancy would play Horatio and Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter films) would play the Prince, whose picture I put up yesterday. The only trouble is the disparity in their ages because they're supposed to be around the same age in my book. Not like I'm ever likely to have to worry about a film adaptation, and I'm quite lucky if I do.


Align Center

No comments: