Thursday, September 23, 2010

Info Thursday
Eric Schmidt: CEO of Google


The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Eric Schmidt
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes2010 ElectionFox News


When I saw Eric Schmidt's interview on the Colbert Report I was surprised because I knew the founders of Google were Larry Page and Sergey Brin (or, at least, I knew they were two young dudes), and I always just assumed they co-CEOed the company from thrones made of the carcasses of their enemies' servers, on a cloud of cotton candy, with humanoid androids serving their every whim. Okay, okay, that's a little fantastical. I mean, who would be Google's enemy, right? That's just silly. But apparently Schmidt, Page, and Brin, run the company as a triumvirate (first time I've heard that word). To show how little I've paid attention to one of the world's largest and most powerful companies, Schmidt became CEO way back in 2001 after a stint as chairman on the board. I guess, when Page and Brin are off fighting lightsaber duels with the demons of copyright law, Schmidt does the paperwork.

No comments: