Sunday, September 05, 2010

Photo Sunday: The Ridges



Poking out of the trees on a slightly drizzly day in Athens, Ohio, the Ridges look like a rather innocuous building. The late nineteenth century architecture is even quite pretty. But what you wouldn't know from looking at the now cheery art museum that it is a former mental asylum. I took these pictures about five years ago while visiting my sister, who attended Ohio University. I don't know why I didn't also take pictures of the barred windows you can still see on the back of the building. But I had just bought my camera at the time, so perhaps it had run out of memory. In any event, these were some of the first pictures I took with my old Kodak camera, which I stopped using around three years ago when the hamster that lived inside it ceased to run.



No comments: