Monday, September 13, 2010

Writing Stats Monday #2

Fantasy Novel

Last week I had it down to 225,766 words.
This week it's at 224,387 words.
That's a total of 1379 words trimmed. It was a lot more last time since I was just giving you the stats since the beginning of the project whereas this is just last week's work. Although, I wish I was going faster.

Children's Novel

Because I'm not working on enough projects (Ha,ha) I decided to start editing my children's novel. This one isn't too horribly long (roughly the same as the 77,508 word first Harry Potter and shorter than the 87,223 word first Percy Jackson). But the industry standard seems to be about a 45,000 word maximum. I'm not going to worry about getting this book as close to that word count but I think I can trim it down. In this case, trimming isn't the only goal of the editing because this is the first time I've edited this novel. But I'll keep track of it anyway.

This novel started at 77,557 words.
Currently it's at 75,543 words.
That's a total of 2,014 words trimmed.
As far as normal content editing, I'm on Chapter 3.

Collaborative Sci-Fi

Last week I had 6,209 words.
This week I have 6416 words.
This is a disappointing total of 207 words for the week. I can't really give the excuse of not being able to write without my sister because I only needed to consult her a little for this part. At this rate Chrissy could easily catch up with me so I better get cracking.

Twitter Novella

Still no stats but we're finishing up at the end of the month. Tune in for the conclusion of our zombie adventure! Will Elsie rescue Paul and his baby Zoe? Can Will find Rhodes before it's too late? Find out at: http://twitter.com/zombienovella/the-story

No comments: