Saturday, January 30, 2010



I redesigned my book review blog and gave it a new name as seen in the snazzy new banner above. You can see the whole blog by clicking here.

No worries. I will still post in this blog. I'll explain my reasoning for wanting a second blog below, but this blog will continue to be updated as usual so please keep reading!

I changed the name of my book review blog because I didn't think people would know what the other name (The BitterSea Review) meant, and I'm trying to generate a sort of online brand. Before you laugh, the Domain of the Jade Empress was number two on Google when I typed in Cherie Lee. It's not now. After I saw that, I made this blog supposedly unsearchable (not entirely true, as I found, but quite a bit trickier now than it was), and I stripped my name from almost everything. I'm debating changing the url but didn't want to confuse my few regular visitors, and it doesn't contain my last name at least.

The reason I did this is, while I am always careful not to post anything embarrassing here, I'd rather not be represented by my random mishmash of thoughts. If anything associated with me comes up second on Google, I want it to be just a little more focused, coherent, and show off at least a little of my design and writing skills.

So I've put my name on my book review blog and, hopefully, several years down the line (because that's how long it took with this one) that blog will be second on google under Cherie Lee.

No comments: